Kitchen work surfaces are the ones most highly exposed to daily use. Cutting food and contact with hot saucepans are all aspects that may damage a worktop. Therefore, the choice of the worktop cannot rely solely on design and the look: a good work surface must also be durable, practical and functional.
To allow you to cook with peace of mind, Laminam, the Italian company specialised in the production of ceramic slabs, makes large slabs available for your Lube kitchen for high performance worktops with a strong aesthetic impact.
These surfaces are an alternative to materials such as stone and marble which have higher costs and environmental impact.
Here are all the distinguishing features of this fantastic top:
- Surface that is hygienic and suitable for contact with food.
- Easy to clean and maintain; it does not require any particular maintenance over time and you can clean the surface using hot water and neutral detergents.
- Compact surface, surface porosity absent (0.1% water absorption - average value).
- Dimensional stability.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Resistant to heat and high temperatures.**
- Resistant to mould and mildew.
- Stain resistant* even with prolonged contact with wine, coffee, olive oil and lemon, there are no permanent alterations to colour or gloss.
- Resistant to cleaning products and detergents* including degreasers and limescale cleaners.
- Resistant to chemicals, acids, alkalis and solvents* the only chemical that can actually damage ceramics is hydrofluoric acid).
- Frost resistant.
- Resistant to moisture.
- Resistant to UV, no alteration to colours.
- Resistant to flexion.
- Resistant to scratches and abrasions*.
Impossible? Watch the video and see the Laminam worktop subjected to all kinds of mechanical stress:
An extraordinary material but what about the aesthetics? LAMINAM 1000x3000 mm ceramic slabs are available in various colours, thicknesses and profiles to guarantee a worktop that is not only durable but also stylish, making your Lube kitchen unique. Some colours are also available in the 1620 mm depth.
* Features not guaranteed for polished Laminam 12+ that has greater sensitivity than other Laminam surfaces. However, the performance of polished surfaces is as good as or better than materials used for horizontal surfaces in interior design.
** The only instruction of the manufacturer: although Laminam slabs are extremely resistant to heat and frost and suitable for all weather conditions, it is still best to place pans removed directly from the flame or hot and overheated items on trivets to avoid thermal shocks. It is also advisable to always use cutting boards and not to work directly on the countertop.